Live in Hawaii Forums Student forum Introduce yourself! Reply To: Introduce yourself!

Takara
Participant

WELL… I thought I introduced myself here several weeks ago, but as I’m replying to some of you I don’t see it! It must have not went through. So let me introduce myself!

My name is Takara, I’m here to try to settle some of these unsure feelings I have about making the move and excited to be a part of a community of people with the same goal/dream/plan.

My husband (John) and I first visited in 2005 for our honeymoon. We’ve taken 6 vacations to Hawaii & visited the 4 main islands + Molokai.

I seriously can not decide which island I love the most. Each of them have their own amazing qualities. I felt like Molokai & Kauai spoke to me the most. But we believe Oahu is where we would need to be for work.

I’m not worried about leaving family currently, but one day it will be an issue. I’m an only child and when my parents need my help, I’ll either have to return to the mainland or they will need to come to me. I can’t imagine trying to oversee care from that many thousands of miles away. So our hope is that they join us someday.

Being able to afford to live in Hawaii is our biggest concern. As nether of us have high income jobs. We currently live in one of the lowest income areas of the U.S. and we’re wanting to move to one of the more expensive areas of the U.S. It’s intimidating. Otherwise I don’t see us having any other issues. The aloha spirit is in me and I share and admire many of the other Hawaiian principles and values. It’s one of the draws for me. There’s a feeling that’s indescribable that I have when I’m there.

I look forward to talking to all of you more in the near future! Let’s do this! 🤙🏼